Refresh your browser for the latest news.
- Warriors star Stephen Curry ran around the floor in a red jersey sleeve during Tuesday's practice, signifying that he wasn't to be touched as he continues to rehab from a broken left hand.
- John Beilein is out as head coach of the Cavaliers, and the team has promoted associate head coach J.B. Bickerstaff to the full-time position, sources told ESPN.
- Lakers star LeBron James on Tuesday became the latest voice to weigh in on the Astros sign-stealing scandal and Rob Manfred's handling of the situation, urging the baseball commissioner to "fix this for the sake of sports."
- Kyrie Irving will see a specialist later this week, but Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said "he did not want to go there" when asked whether the guard could miss the rest of the season.
- Chris Bosh was a surprising omission last week from the class of eight finalists announced by the Hall as still being under consideration for enshrinement this year.
- The Clippers have landed Reggie Jackson after the veteran guard agreed to a buyout with the Pistons.
- From Joel Embiid's Kobe tribute to LeBron's "Space Jam"-inspired kicks, players brought out their best.
- Which teams are set to climb the standings, and which teams are fighting for playoff spots?
- The grades are in for the NBA's unique All-Star Weekend finale.
- From crucial blocked shots to rare alley-oops, this year's NBA All-Star Game was an homage to great basketball.
- John Beilein does not plan to coach another game for the Cleveland Cavaliers, a person familiar with the situation told USA TODAY Sports.
- Detroit Pistons have taken another step toward prioritizing the future, agreeing to buy out Reggie Jackson on Tuesday
- NBA star LeBron James says he'd be "(expletive) irate" if he found out a team cheated him out of winning a title, urges MLB to listen to player criticism.
- Though Kobe Bryant was on the minds of players at the NBA All-Star Game, not every impressive on-court moment can be traced back to Kobe's influence.
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban tweeted a link to Rob Manfred's recent ESPN interview and declared he was "thankful (MLB) didn't let me buy a team."
- LeBron James' first children's book, "I PROMISE," will be published in August, while a second book will be released in the summer of 2021.
- NBA Commissioner Adam Silver expressed optimism the league can address the decline in TV ratings after an uptick for All-Star weekend.
- As the John Beilein and the Cleveland Cavaliers determine his future, it's clear this has been a trying season for the first-time NBA coach.
- Hopefully what happened in the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday will open some minds to more experimentation and innovation. Basketball needs it.
- Chris Paul's idea – along with an assist from Charlotte Hornets owner Michael Jordan – unfolded when Team LeBron defeated Team Giannis 157-155.
- Story filed to ESPN: After a brief and tumultuous tenure, John Beilein is leaving as Cleveland’s coach. Associate HC JB Bickerstaff will be elevated to head coach. Beilein’s expected to say goodbye to staff and players on Wednesday upon team’s return from All-Star Break. Story filed to ESPN: After a brief and tumultuous tenure, John […]
- Guard Reggie Jackson has agreed to a contract buyout with the Detroit Pistons and plans to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers upon clearing waivers, league sources tell ESPN. Guard Reggie Jackson has agreed to a contract buyout with the Detroit Pistons and plans to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers upon clearing waivers, league […]
- Matt John starts off Basketball Insiders' The Stretch Run by taking a look at the Pacific Division franchises on the playoff bubble.
- San Antonio and forward DeMarre Carroll have agreed to a contract buyout, agent Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tells ESPN. Houston is a frontrunner to sign Carroll once he clears waivers, league sources tell ESPN. San Antonio and forward DeMarre Carroll have agreed to a contract buyout, agent Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tells ESPN. Houston is […]
- Veteran forward Jeff Green has agreed to sign with the Rockets, league sources tell ESPN. Green averaged 7.8 points and 2.7 rebounds in 30 games with the Jazz this season. Veteran forward Jeff Green has agreed to sign with the Rockets, league sources tell ESPN. Green averaged 7.8 points and 2.7 rebounds in 30 games […]
- The "Elam Ending" brought more excitement to the NBA All-Star Game, but how would it affect games that matter most? Douglas Farmer takes a look at the 2019 NBA Finals through the Elam lens.
- Cavaliers coach John Beilein is not expected to remain as head coach beyond the end of the season, league and team sources have told The Athletic. The terms of the separation, and the exact timing of it, are not yet known, but momentum is building toward his exit. Several factors have come into play around […]
- When Houston traded for Russell Westbrook last summer, they had to embrace him, warts and all. Matt John goes into what the Rockets have done to achieve just that and how their most recent deals could net them the most efficient Westbrook they could’ve hoped for.
- After struggling to break into the Clippers' stingy rotation, Jerome Robinson was part of a three-team trade last Thursday that landed him on the Washington Wizards. Drew Maresca explores the the new opportunity available to Robinson in Washington, D.C.
- Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker has been named by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to replace injured Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard on Team LeBron in the 2020 NBA All-Star Game, which will be played on Sunday, Feb. 16 at the United Center in Chicago. Booker will also replace Lillard in the 2020 MTN DEW® […]
- Cavaliers first-year coach John Beilein will end a rough season by stepping down after 54 games, according to multiple reports Tuesday night. The former Michigan coach, who was a surprising hire by the Cavs last year because of his age (67) and lack of any pro experience, is expected to say goodbye
- Steph Curry on Tuesday was a non-contact participant in Warriors drills for the first time since October.
- Chris Bosh was snubbed and is not hiding his frustration about not being a finalist for this year's Basketball Hall of Fame class.
- Take an inside look at All-Star Sunday night.
- Kyrie Irving won't play in the Brooklyn Nets' first game after the All-Star break because of more trouble with his right shoulder that sidelined him earlier this season. Nets coach Kenny Atkinson told reporters Tuesday that Irving would see a specialist this week and that he would have more
- Marcin Gortat seemingly spent his whole career telling us about issues on his own teams.
- One of the league's deepest teams just got deeper in preparation for a playoff push.
- LeBron took to Twitter to stand in solidarity with MLB players (well, not the players on the Astros, but the rest of them).
- Everything we know so far about Kobe Bryant's public memorial.
- The Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame announced its finalists for enshrinement over All-Star weekend, and Jim Boylen – who got his NBA start from him – said Rudy Tomjanovich is deserving.