Refresh your browser for the latest news.
- LAS VEGAS — A seven-foot unicorn, an Avenger, an Oscar winner and a Super Bowl champion were all in attendance to watch Conor McGregor fight for the first time in well over a year Saturday. Whether they got their money’s worth is actually somewhat up for debate, considering the duel they came to …
- Championship Sunday Preview: Can Packers Find Special Sauce Vs. Niners D, Titans’ Reliance on the Big Play1. If I were Matt LaFleur, the moment the Packers were done with Seattle last Sunday I would’ve grabbed one of my Rad Dog Trapper Keepers (probably not the one with the shark on it, but maybe the one with the skateboarder doing that sick kickflip) and headed straight to old pal Sean McVay’s house […]
- PULLLMAN, Wash. — Whenever Isaac Bonton drained a three-pointer or dished out an assist, NBA and Washington State great Klay Thompson was on his feet, cheering on the young point guard. Thompson ended up spending a lot of time on his feet as Bonton scored a career-high 34 points and Washington …
- Conor McGregor left no room for doubt. McGregor dominated a world-class, elite MMA fighter in Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in the main event of UFC 246. There were no signs of rust after being away from the Octagon for the past 15 months, and the win marked McGregor’s first since 2016. His dominating …
- NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Jordan Bowden scored 21 points, and the Tennessee Volunteers beat Vanderbilt 66-45 Saturday for their fifth straight win against the Commodores and their longest winning streak in this in-state rivalry in 38 years. Tennessee (11-6, 3-2 Southeastern Conference) won 10 straight …
- When the Tennessee Titans faced the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 10, few predicted it would turn out to be an AFC Championship game preview. Tennessee outlasted Kansas City 35-32 on Nov. 11, behind 188 yards rushing and two TDs from Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill's 23-yard …
- The San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers are two of the NFL's marquee franchises. Throughout the league's history both teams have featured some of the sport's best players as well as its top coaches. Sunday marks the eighth playoff meeting between the two, but just the …
- Chicago Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts heard his share of boos at the Cubs Convention on Friday while the team remains quiet in free agency. Coming off a season in which the Cubs fell short of the playoffs, Chicago has yet to add significant pieces or sign its core players to extensions. Former NL MVP …
- The Portland Trail Blazers have acquired Trevor Ariza, Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan from the Sacramento Kings in exchange for Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver and two second-round picks, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The inclusion of Bazemore was first reported by The Athletic's Shams …
- SI Debuts Digital Cover As part of its emerging new look, SI.com introduced its digital cover for Ross Dellenger's take on LSU's historic, 42-25 victory over Clemson in the college football national championship game last Monday night. Click here to read Dellenger's piece and view the full version …
- In the second half of the Lakers' win vs. the Rockets on Saturday, Kyle Kuzma was the principle defender on Russell Westbrook, who was limited to 13 points in the final two quarters.
- Saturday's loss to the Lakers was Houston's third in a row and fourth in the past five games. "We're going through a tough time, obviously," James Harden said.
- The Warriors' Klay Thompson was emotional as his No. 1 jersey was retired by Washington State on Saturday. "Each year I was in Pullman I had to grow," Thompson said.
- An MRI on Celtics guard Kemba Walker's left knee showed no structural damage, but he sat out Saturday night's game against the Suns with soreness in the knee.
- The Portland Trail Blazers have traded Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver and two second-round picks to the Sacramento Kings for Trevor Ariza, Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
- Many suggested Chris Paul could be a fit in Miami. But the Heat and Thunder are doing fine without the trade.
- Get the latest NBA trade deadline news and analysis, including trade grades and inside intel.
- The NBA won't hold a vote at April's owners meeting about plans to alter the league's in-season schedule, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, but still hopes to make changes.
- Here's everything you need to know about All-Star Weekend taking over Chicago.
- Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo says he realizes his physical approach offensively isn't the norm these days, but he has no plans to change and embrace flopping in an attempt to get to the foul line.
- Shaquille O'Neal opens up on Diesel, why his children dig his dubstep: 'I would be considered one of the top DJs'Four-time NBA champion Shaquille O'Neal is earning the love of fans at festivals including Lollapalooza in Chicago and Tomorrowland in Belgium.
- As president of basketball operations, Lawrence Frank has revamped the Clippers roster and put the team in position to compete for its first title.
- Will Zion Williamson live up to the hype or will his size — and the way he throws his weight around — doom him to an injury-prone NBA career?
- New Orleans' Zion Williamson debuted on the list at No. 15. The Lakers, Philadelphia, Houston, Boston and Brooklyn have two players in the top 15.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, who won the 2019 MVP with the Bucks, leads a tightly bunched group, while the Pelicans' Brandon Ingram is most improved.
- LaMelo Ball won't play again this season in Australia's National Basketball League after missing the last six weeks with a bone bruise in his foot.
- Sure, the Brooklyn Nets are playing without Kevin Durant this year. But even when he returns, Kyrie Irving said, the Nets have "glaring" needs.
- NBA players show off their style on the floor. Check out all the coolest shoes of the 2019-20 season.
- Check out all the best shots of NBA stars dropping the hammer during the 2019-20 season.
- Lakers star Anthony Davis has been sidelined for past three games with latest injury. But that won't stop him from being aggressive when he returns.
- Zion Williamson has yet to play in the NBA. But as Brandon Ingram continues turning heads, it's easy to envision he and Williamson leading the Pelicans to perennial title contention – and their snug positional and stylistic fit is the biggest reason why. Jack Winter writes.
- Like all divisions, teams of the Southeast Division have their specific preferences pertaining to players they'd like to move from their rosters. Drew Maresca identifies six players he feels teams might move before the Feb. 6 trade deadline.
- Atlanta has traded guard Allen Crabbe to Minnesota for PG Jeff Teague and Treveon Graham, league sources tell ESPN. Hawks get a backup for Trae Young. Atlanta has traded guard Allen Crabbe to Minnesota for PG Jeff Teague and Treveon Graham, league sources tell ESPN. Hawks get a backup for Trae Young. — Adrian Wojnarowski […]
- Rival teams also say the market for forward Robert Covington has been heating up over recent days. Covington has become a coveted player, with his defensive prowess and outside shooting an ideal fit for most teams in the playoff hunt. Houston, Dallas and Philadelphia are among the teams that have expressed interest in him, but […]
- The Atlanta Hawks are no longer engaging with the Detroit Pistons on a trade that would have landed them All-Star big man Andre Drummond, league sources told Yahoo Sports. If the Hawks don’t address their center need by the Feb. 6 trade deadline, Drummond is expected to be one of their top targets in free […]
- The Southwest Division offers many intriguing options heading toward the annual trade deadline, Ben Nadeau writes, but how the chips fall is still anybody's best guess.
- Griffin: the anticipation is for Zion’s debut to be home on the 22nd. Griffin: the anticipation is for Zion’s debut to be home on the 22nd. — Andrew Lopez (@_Andrew_Lopez) January 15, 2020 Source: Andrew Lopez on Twitter
- To improve [Trae] Young’s supporting cast, Atlanta has been linked to several centers in trade discussions this season, including All-Star Andre Drummond, Steven Adams and former Hawk Dewayne Dedmon. Atlanta was interested in reacquiring Dedmon in a potential salary dump for Sacramento after he publicly demanded a trade from the Kings after being benched. The […]
- #NEBHInjuryReport Robert Williams is in the middle of a 3- to 4-week workup program that started at the beginning of Jan. He will be re-evaluated after that program to see when he can return. Coach says not expected before All-Star break. #NEBHInjuryReport Robert Williams is in the middle of a 3- to 4-week workup program […]
- The Warriors plan to re-sign big man Marquese Chriss to a two-way player deal, a source told @TheUndefeated. The Warriors plan to re-sign big man Marquese Chriss to a two-way player deal, a source told @TheUndefeated. — Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) January 14, 2020 Source: Marc J. Spears on Twitter
- LeBron James and Los Angeles secure the win against Houston, 124-115.
- Derrick Rose leads all scorers with 27 points and 9 assists to secure the win against Atlanta, 136-103.
- LeBron James had 31 points and 12 assists and the Los Angeles Lakers rode a big third quarter to a a 124-115 win over the Houston Rockets on Saturday night.
- Chris Paul scores 30 points to lead Oklahoma City past Portland, 119-106
- Zach LaVine scores 42 points to lead Chicago past Cleveland, 118-116.
- Check out the top plays from across the NBA.
- Bojan Bogdanovic scores 30 points and 2 dimes as the Jazz beat the Kings 123-101.
- Warriors rookie forward Eric Paschall had his best game in about six weeks in a 109-95 win over Orlando.
- D'Angelo Russell dominates for 26 points and 12 dimes as the Warriors beat the Magic 109-95.
- On this edition of the Bulls Outsiders podcast, Matt Peck, David Watson, and John Sabine react to the Bulls 118-116 win over the Cavs.