Refresh your browser for the latest news.
- LONDON — Arsenal ended its worst winless run in 42 years by coming from behind at halftime to beat West Ham 3-1 in the English Premier League on Monday. Arsenal's nine-match winless streak looked set to reach 10 after a lifeless first half, in which the Gunners conceded to West Ham's Angelo …
- Le’Veon Bell missed Sunday’s Jets game against the Dolphins with an illness. But according to the New York Post, Bell was seen bowling at a local New Jersey bowling alley Saturday night until the establishment closed. He was reportedly there from around 10:30 p.m. to close at 1 a.m. Bell …
- SAN DIEGO — When Stephen Strasburg re-signed with the Nationals for seven years and $245 million—the largest contract for a starting pitcher in MLB history—on Monday, there was little doubt that this offseason’s Winter Meetings wouldn’t be the snorefest they were in recent years. In an instant, …
- South Carolina’s Jake Bentley, who started three seasons for the Gamecocks, will transfer to Utah for his final year of NCAA eligibility, the quarterback announced on Twitter Monday. Bentley, who suffered a season-ending foot injury in the Gamecocks’s first game of the season, announced his intent …
- SAN DIEGO – Starting pitchers throw fewer innings than ever before in baseball history. Yet this offseason they are being paid like never before–often more than everyday players who are superstars. This is a world in which the Phillies will pay Zack Wheeler, who has had roughly the same career as …
- At least 400 Nike employees staged a protest of the company's treatment of women and its steadfast support of running coach Alberto Salazar Monday morning, according to the Willamette Week, Portland's Alt-Weekly. The walkout picket was reportedly "quiet and orderly," but it came as a response to …
- It’s official: Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals have agreed to a $245-million deal over seven years. What does it mean, you may be asking, for the reigning champ to bring back the World Series MVP on the largest contract ever for a pitcher? We’ve got you covered. One question at a time: Are the …
- Now that the College Football Playoff rankings are out and bowl games have been announced, the coaching carousel has been put into motion. Larger hirings have already taken place, including Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss and Mike Norvell to Florida State, but much is left to be sorted out. Here are the …
- Three weeks to go … • There was another piece of officiating craziness I missed yesterday that incensed, to put it lightly, the Cincinnati staff. And really, this boiled down to consistency. With five minutes left, Bengals safety Jessie Bates intercepted Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield off a …
- The Heisman Trophy finalists were announced on Monday night, with LSU quarterback Joe Burrow and Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields headlining the list. Ohio State's Chase Young (DE) and Oklahoma quarterback Jalen Hurts round out the four finalists. Burrow has been the frontrunner to win the …
- Gordon Hayward, who has been out since Nov. 9, returned for Monday's game against the Cavaliers. Marcus Smart is out with an eye infection.
- Clippers star Kawhi Leonard will not play against the Pacers on Monday night because of left knee soreness.
- The NBA has denied the Rockets' protest after officials misapplied the rules after a James Harden missed dunk in a loss to the Spurs.
- Kevin Love says being the subject of trade rumors is nothing new since he's been in Cleveland.
- Could your team land a superstar? Enter the teams and players into our Trade Machine, and we'll tell you if the deal works.
- Carmelo Anthony said he wasn't surprised by the way Chris Paul's deal to Oklahoma City was handled by the Rockets. In fact, he told his good friend to "just be careful" in the wake of his own departure from Houston.
- Despite the return of Kyle Lowry, the defending champs were unable to get a win in Week 7. Week 8 will feature the return of Kawhi Leonard to Toronto.
- Luka Doncic, who felt he was fouled on his potential game-winning shot, said after the game he need to tone down his animated interactions with officials.
- LaMelo Ball suffered a bruised foot in practice last week and will miss about a month, sources say.
- Kobe Bryant retired three years ago, but he's still omnipresent on the feet of players on every team.
- Although the NBA disciplined three officials, Commissioner Adam Silver did not believe missed call warranted league overturning game's outcome.
- NBA players show off their style on the floor. Check out all the coolest shoes of the 2019-20 season.
- A year ago, Markelle Fultz's NBA future was uncertain because of a shoulder injury. Now, he is a productive guard for Orlando in a feel-good story.
- Two days after firing David Fizdale with no elaboration, the Knicks released an additional statement thanking him for his time with the team.
- James Harden and the Rockets know it will take time for Russell Westbrook to completely adjust to things in Houston, but they're being patient.
- Another new search begins for a Knicks franchise that has had a revolving door of head coaches this century. Who could be the next to fill the job?
- Just because the New York Knicks fired coach David Fizdale doesn't mean their problems are solved. No, the issues go much deeper than coaching.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo celebrated his 25th birthday with 27 points as the Bucks rolled to a 119-91 rout of the Clippers for their 14th straight win.
- In this episode of Weekly Pulse we admire the skills of one of the NBA's hottest players, Luka Doncic.
- Sports Pulse: Reporter Jeff Zillgitt breaks down who is the best candidate for MVP and why.
- Not even his most ardent supporters knew what the San Antonio Spurs were losing and Washington Wizards were gaining with Davis Bertans. Nearing two months into the season, he's suddenly among the best shooters in basketball. Jack Winters writes.
- David Yapkowitz has a chat with Los Angeles Lakers rookie guard Talen Horton-Tucker about getting reps in the G League with South Bay and what he sees his role being in the NBA when that time comes.
- A quarter of the way into the season, multiple players have begun separating themselves for the Most Improved Player award. Quinn Davis takes a look at five of these players and why they are worthy of the consideration.
- Without their star player leading the charge, the Indiana Pacers have quietly been laying the groundwork for one of the top spots in the Eastern Conference. Chad Smith details how Indiana’s strong start will pay dividends in the second half of the season.
- As noted on Friday, the spotlight is on Knicks president Steve Mills in the wake of David Fizdale’s firing. We detailed here where things stood with Mills and general manager Scott Perry prior to the Fizdale firing. If Mills and Perry are let go after the season, Masai Ujiri will be one of the top […]
- LaMelo Ball — the potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft — is expected to miss four weeks with a foot injury, sources tell ESPN. There’s hope that NBA teams can resume scouting him in the Australian NBL in January. LaMelo Ball — the potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 […]
- By implementing a Daily Gratitude Practice, Brandon Ingram may be ahead of the game. Jake Rauchbach dives in.
- MRI confirms Rodney Hood has a torn left Achilles tendon. We love you, Rodney ❤️ MRI confirms Rodney Hood has a torn left Achilles tendon. We love you, Rodney ❤️ — Portland Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) December 7, 2019 Source: Portland Trail Blazers on Twitter
- As the franchise spirals with a ruddlerless roster, the New York Knicks fired coach David Fizdale on Friday. The Knicks lost eight straight games, including a 129-92 loss to Denver on Thursday night that dropped the team to an Eastern Conference-worst 4-18, which is tied for the worst record in franchise history. The Knicks are […]
- In the midst of losses in four consecutive games and 10 of their past 11, Cavaliers players are bristling at new coach John Beilein because he’s treating this season like they, and he, are still in college, numerous sources told The Athletic. It’s already gotten to the point where players are looking past Beilein to […]
- Rare footage: On the 15-year anniversary of Tracy McGrady's historic performance against the Spurs, see what T-Mac did after the win.
- Brandon Ingram finishes with contact in the first quarter
- Don't make Paul George angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry (if you're the opposing team).
- Gary Payton, Tas Melas and Brian Shaw consider a few squads that could use Kevin Love including the Portland Trailblazers, Phoenix Suns and two Eastern Conference contenders.
- The Houston Rockets won't get a do-over after officials wrongly disallowed a slam dunk by James Harden in a double-overtime loss to the San Antonio Spurs, even though the NBA has disciplined the officials who got the call wrong and botched the aftermath by not allowing Houston to challenge. The