College Women’s Basketball
NCAA Division I:
- We are now officially 100 days away from selections being announced for the 2020 NCAA women’s basketball tournament. And with that, it’s time to look at some unranked teams who have the talent and potential to not only make it into the 64-team field — but even make a run in the tournament.
- Ohio State women's basketball upset No. 2 Louisville 67-60 on Thursday night.
- It's time to prepare for the rematch of the 2019 women's basketball semifinal between UConn and Notre Dame on Sunday, Dec. 8. Get the game time, stream and series history here.
- The sixth edition of the Women’s Basketball Challenge between the Big 12 and Southeastern Conference will open this Wednesday, Dec. 4 with two games and conclude on Sunday, Dec. 8, with three matchups.
- Each week throughout the season, the Starting Five will highlight the top NCAA Division I women’s basketball performances from the previous week.
- Michelle Smith gives her predictions on how the NCAA Division I women's college basketball bracket will look on selection day, about 100 days before.
- This year's Big Ten-ACC Challenge in women's basketball features a handful of match-ups between teams ranked in the AP Top 25 Poll.
- In a Thanksgiving week that saw plenty of upheaval in the women’s hoops ranks, including the No. 1 and No. 2 ranked teams losing on the same day, the Louisville Cardinals stood out.
- Stanford is the new No. 1 in this week's AP poll as both No. 1 Oregon and No. 2 Baylor lost last week.
- Nausia Woolfolk scored a season-high 24 points, Kiah Gillespie added 22 points with nine rebounds and the 12th-ranked Florida State women led most of the way in an 80-58 victory over No. 6 Texas A&M on Sunday night.
NCAA Division II:
- Nine of our DII women's basketball top 10 teams remained undefeated last week. Lubbock Christian and Drury remain atop this week's Power 10 as one new team enters the mix.
- Here is the first DII women's college basketball Power 10 of the 2019 season. Reigning champion Lubbock Christian sits atop the first rankings at a perfect 5-0 so far.
- NCAA Division II announced 28 regular-season men’s and women’s basketball games that will be highlighted on ESPN3 or NCAA social media as part of an effort to promote the division on several platforms throughout the academic year.
- DII women's basketball: Lubbock Christian, Southwestern Oklahoma State face off in championship rematchNo. 2 Lubbock Christian and No. 20 Southwestern Oklahoma State play Saturday, Nov. 16 in a DII women's basketball championship game rematch. Both teams enter the game a perfect 3-0 on the 2019-20 season.
- With the DII women's basketball season underway, let's take an early look at some player of the year contenders. Benedict's Ay'Anna Bey, Lubbock Christian's Maddi Chitsey, and Drury's Hailey Diestelkamp are amongst the early players to know.
- Cal Poly Pomona pulls off the first upset of the 2019-20 DII women's basketball season. The Broncos took down No. 12 West Texas A&M 73-58 at the CCA DII Tipoff Classic on opening day.
- The No. 1-ranked Drury Panthers head to Anaheim, California to open the season in the CCA Division II Tip-Off Classic on Friday, Nov. 1. Here's a look at the schedule for the six-team tournament and what to watch.
- The Lander Bearcats traveled to Clemson for a women's college basketball exhibition game on Tuesday, Oct. 29. Lander erased a 12-point deficit with four minutes remaining and put the Tigers away at the buzzer on this thrilling game-winner.
- Lander hung with Clemson the whole way, winning 74-72 in a dramatic game-winning shot at the buzzer, while Tuskegee beat Georgia State 78-73 for a pair of DII women's basketball upsets on the same night.
- Lauren Holtkamp, Ashley Moyer-Gleich, Natalie Sago, and now Jenna Schroeder are all NBA referees. They are also all former DII student-athletes. Here's their journey.
NCAA Division III:
- Rivalries in college sports often bring out exciting, intense and (sometimes) heartbreaking moments in sports history. Here's a look at 11 you may not know, but definitely should.
- Penny Davis has been named the NCAA’s national coordinator of women’s basketball officiating, bringing with her over 22 years of officiating experience gathered at all levels of the game.
- The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved resetting the shot clock to 20 seconds after an attempted field goal hits the rim and the offensive team rebounds the ball in the front court. The rule is effective for the 2019-20 season.
- DI, II and III men to play in Atlanta in 2020; women to play in Dallas in 2023
- Thomas More defeated Bowdoin 81-67 for its third national title in five years. Relive the national championship here.
- Thomas More beat Bowdoin 81-67, to win the 2019 DIII Women's Basketball Championship and capped off an undefeated season for the Saints.
- Watch the full event replay of the championship game match-up between Bowdoin and Thomas More at the 2019 DIII Women's Basketball Championship.
- Watch the full event replay from the All-Star Game at the 2019 DIII Women's Basketball Championship.
- Bowdoin topped St. Thomas (MN), 71-60 and Thomas More beat Scranton, 69-56 after semifinal play at the 2019 DIII Women's Basketball Championship.
- Watch the full event replay of the semifinal game match-up between St. Thomas(MN) and Bowdoin at the 2019 DIII Women's Basketball Championship.