College Women’s Basketball
NCAA Division I:
- Late game heroics from Northwestern's Veronica Burton and Abbi Scheid helped the Wildcats upset No. 15 Indiana on Thursday night in women's basketball.
- All season long, we’ll be cataloging Ionescu’s best moments on this Sabrina Tracker. We’ll keep you updated with the Oregon star's stats, her highlights, her records and her viral moments.
- Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu reflects on her upbringing, her family and her identity outside of basketballSabrina Ionescu is one of the most well-known players in women's college sports, but she wants people to know more about her than just basketball.
- Oregon's Kelly Graves can't get enough of his star player, Sabrina Ionescu's competitiveness, drive and how she excels as a teammate.
- Here's one take on the all-time starting five for the UConn women's basketball team, which has won 11 NCAA championships, produced 38 WNBA players and nine Olympic gold medalists.
- Cal State Northridge's De'Jionae Calloway, Kentucky's Rhyne Howard, Baylor's NaLyssa Smith, Cincinnati's Ilmar'l Thomas and Colgate's Rachel Thompson are this week's players of the week in women's college basketball.
- Catch multiple buzzer beaters in this week's NCAA women's basketball top plays of the week.
- Head coach of UCLA's women's basketball team shares why she is so excited about the future of women's basketball.
- UCLA's head coach Cori Close has always wanted to strike a balance between competitiveness and interpersonal connections. She speaks about how she had a hard time wrapping her mind around the two concepts until she met John Wooden.
- The Sun Devils notched two very impressive wins last week knocking off both No. 2 Oregon and No. 3 Oregon State. Arizona State has been named this week's Team of the Week after doing something that hasn't been done in ten years.
NCAA Division II:
- Every couple of weeks, we'll pick a starting five based on the best stats in DII women's basketball. Dominican (CA)'s Jerusha Paine leads the way after a scorching-hot start to January has her leading DII with 26.2 points per game.
- Unranked Eastern New Mexico hosted undefeated No. 2-ranked Lubbock Christian and upset the reigning national champions 69-68 in overtime. Here's how the Greyhounds pulled it off.
- The DII women's basketball championship tournament is quickly approaching and several teams are looking to complete a perfect 2019-20 season. Here's what remains on the schedule for those teams on their quest for the fifth perfect season in history.
- Ashland prevailed in a top-5 showdown against Grand Valley State last week, allowing the Eagles to leapfrog into the third spot in the latest DII women's basketball Power 10. Lubbock Christian and Drury remain locked in at No. 1 and No. 2.
- No. 3 Grand Valley State heads to No. 4 Ashland for the biggest matchup of 2019-20 DII women's basketball season so far, with major Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and NCAA DII tournament implications.
- The DII women's basketball Power 10 opened the new year by going a perfect 17-0 in the first week of 2020. That kept the top 10 the same with Lubbock Christian and Drury perched safely on top of the rankings.
- As 2020 opens, here is a look at the best scorers, rebounders and shot blockers in the DII women's basketball season so far. Shareka McNeill's 32.1 points per game highlights a starting five of the best stats from 2019.
- Check out the full schedule for 2020 NCAA winter championship selection shows and releases.
- Lubbock Christian and Drury close out the first half of the DII women's basketball season atop the Power 10, while Alaska Anchorage makes its debut. Here's how the rankings look this week.
- Lubbock Christian remains on top of the 2019 DII women's college basketball power rankings for Dec. 17. Virginia Union debuts at No. 8.
NCAA Division III:
- Rivalries in college sports often bring out exciting, intense and (sometimes) heartbreaking moments in sports history. Here's a look at 11 you may not know, but definitely should.
- Penny Davis has been named the NCAA’s national coordinator of women’s basketball officiating, bringing with her over 22 years of officiating experience gathered at all levels of the game.
- The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved resetting the shot clock to 20 seconds after an attempted field goal hits the rim and the offensive team rebounds the ball in the front court. The rule is effective for the 2019-20 season.
- DI, II and III men to play in Atlanta in 2020; women to play in Dallas in 2023
- Thomas More defeated Bowdoin 81-67 for its third national title in five years. Relive the national championship here.
- Thomas More beat Bowdoin 81-67, to win the 2019 DIII Women's Basketball Championship and capped off an undefeated season for the Saints.
- Watch the full event replay of the championship game match-up between Bowdoin and Thomas More at the 2019 DIII Women's Basketball Championship.
- Watch the full event replay from the All-Star Game at the 2019 DIII Women's Basketball Championship.
- Bowdoin topped St. Thomas (MN), 71-60 and Thomas More beat Scranton, 69-56 after semifinal play at the 2019 DIII Women's Basketball Championship.
- Watch the full event replay of the semifinal game match-up between St. Thomas(MN) and Bowdoin at the 2019 DIII Women's Basketball Championship.